Let me give you a few reasons Columbia College may interest you and why we consider it a unique program:
• Personal Attention: Our small Student:Professor ratio of just 13:1 means you are not just a number, but an individual who Professors get to know and truly want to help and teach.
• Location: We are located in the capital of the state, Columbia, a college city with 10 colleges in the area, with the University of South Carolina and its 35,000+ students only 3 miles away, but we still retain the small school atmosphere.
• Success: We are still a realatively new program entering into our 6th season. The 3rd season in we were conference champions with a bid into Nationals, the following year we ended 2nd in our conference and this past season we ended 5th overall.
• Roster Size: We are selective in our recruitment with a squad of under 18 players, meaning everyone is expected to make a contribution to the success of the team. We practice together as one squad, with no reserve or JV team. This is the foundation of our high retention rate and avoids the need for large recruiting classes every year.
• Experiences: We travel all over the southeast US to play, including SC, NC, GA, TN, VA, and FL, and have taken trips to Jamaica and Florida in the past couple of years to ensure not only a playing experience, but life experience for the individuals in our program.